------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
ENTRY 16: Cold Christmas
Yes, it is true. I have forced fate's hand, and in retaliation it has grounded me in Toronto for Christmas. I can't say that I am entirely disappointed, though there is some negativity; this is the first Holiday Season I have spent without my parents, and essentially by myself. It will, in more ways than one, be a cold Christmas.

I have to make the best of the situation, however, so that's what I will strive to do. Since I have the time off anyway, I've started making a list of the things I'll need to accomplish over the Holiday Season:
  • Buy my parents' Christmas gift: a new refridgerator.
  • Buy some DVDs. I MUST buy Afro Samurai, also thinking about buying/renting Superbad.
  • Christmas dinners: Auntie Norma & Twin M.
  • Hold a Holiday party at my house! Woot Woot!
  • Have a HUGE "Life Day" in two days! Woot Woot!
  • Try and muster up the courage and tactfully ask Joan of Arc on a date!
  • Apply to film school (yeah -- more on that later).
  • Ask the Master of Time about some music software (he was supposed to get it for a while ago).
  • For God's sake try to get well into Act 2 in James Black Investigations.

I know it doesn't look like much, but DAMN that's quite list. Just re-reading it right now, it looks to me to be quite daunting. If I get 70% of it done I'll be happy. I'll first start by ordering some transcripts from my university and high school. Then I'll make some calls get start solidifying a party date. Woot woot!

***BLOGGER'S EDIT: I'm beginning to strike things off the list as I complete them...1 down, several to go!

Labels: , ,

finished by Carter @ 6:42 AM  
3 Finished Comments:
  • At December 13, 2007 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what happened to your trip to barbados for christmas????? :(

     
  • At December 13, 2007 9:08 PM, Blogger Carter said…

    Long story...let's suffice to say that I would have ended up even more alienated down there, and despite the nice weather, Christmas would have been terrible :(

    Good thing is: 1) I'll be around SOME family (Twin M & Auntie), and I'll still be able to pick up a few days at work! Woot Woot!

     
  • At December 14, 2007 2:03 AM, Blogger Llama said…

    That list of yours does look rather daunting. All the best with it. :)

    I have a mental list for the holiday season... but I don't have the courage to put it in writing just yet :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER