------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Monday, December 10, 2007
ENTRY 15: Marcus James
Well here I am at work, bored out of my mind. I've been trying to work on my screenplay, but progress is slow. I'm stuck on a very crucial scene, one where the true, darker intentions of the protagonists begin to reveal themselves. I know which characters will be involved, I know it takes place at the Ossa Harbor Ironworks in the dead of night (setting), and as I mentioned before, I know how I intend on using the scene to further the story. The problem is that I don't know how the action unfolds. There has to be a hint of mystery, foreshadowing, and surprise. It's tough.

So I'm trying to help myself out by fleshing out the story as a whole here in my blog. The screenplay is title James Black Investigations, and follows the exploits of a grim, haunted private investigator named Marcus James. Marcus James lives in unarguably the worst city in America. The mayor is a cowardly punk, crime and hypocrisy run rampant, and air and water pollution are so thick that it has started causing mutations in the general public. James refers to the Ossa City as a virus, a poison that hungrily eats away at your soul, a fate you have no choice but to succumb to.

To Marcus James, morality has become a hinderance in his endeavors to escape this Hell on Earth. Ambition has consumed him and lands him right smack in the middle of a grotesque murder investigation. Utilizing skills and talents honed through his experience as an Ossa City Police Department (OCPD) detective alongside Det. Patricia Black, James works to outsmart and outwit the OCPD to solve the case and to keep himself out of hot water.

James' motives are far from noble. Within him, ambition only gives way to vengeance; he still feels more than tad bit of resentment towards the OCPD's Commissioner Harold Ballow for unceremoniously discharging him after a botched narcotics case and the subsequent death of his partner. More than anything else, James hopes to humiliate and discredit the force via this murder investigation, and to do so he enlists the help of the actress Pandora, the victim's widow Ms. Martha Chepovsky, and her attorney A. Thomas Smith. To them he is their savior; to him they are no more than pawns at his disposal.

So yeah, that's the set-up, but things start getting complicated once the city starts imposing its poisonous will on everyone involved: police brutality, mutations, drug addiction, political corruption...time travel (yeah you read that correctly), etc. etc. It also makes things complicated when writing. Yeesh.

BLOGGER'S NOTE: Ossa Harbor Ironworks just wasn't cutting it as the setting for this next scene. Changing it to the St. Philomena Memorial Park (where Black is buried).

Labels: ,

finished by Carter @ 4:38 AM  
0 Finished Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER