------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Monday, December 03, 2007
ENTRY 9: Lovely Weather
The date was December 2nd, 2007 when winter decided to joyously sweep into existence. The snow started coming down in white sheets late Saturday night, and by 7 am Sunday morning the streets had been victimized. It usually takes me about half-an-hour to get home on a Sunday morning from work.

In this wonderful winter wonderland, however, it took me TWO HOURS.

It seems that the great minds at TTC don't check the weather reports from day to day, and had no idea that we were going to be hit with the white stuff. Buses on all routes were in total disarray; even along Don Mills Road, buses were running at least 1.5 hours behind schedule. And on top of all that, Yours Truly was lucky enough to get on the one bus that decided to "short turn" (ie. go out of service prematurely) well before my stop. As a result, Yours Truly was forced to wait for another hour for the next bus.

And if it couldn't get any worse, Your Favourite Blogger had thought it would be fun to get into a semi-snow battle with two of his co-workers beforehand. As a result, my measly gloves -- and consequently my hands -- were quite damp and cold. Standing around in the cold for two hours just made things oh so much better! By the time I got home (9:15 am) I was in quite a foul mood, and in no state to attend church that morning. And so, since I hadn't slept since 7:30 am the previous morning, I dropped into my bed and was almost instantly dead to the world.

That could have turned out to be a really bad idea; that night I was scheduled to perform a skit with other members of the youth group. We had yet to practice, and we had planned on practicing at church that morning. Luckily, I was able to get to church that evening well beforehand and we were able to get in several good run-throughs. The resulting performance was very successful. The Carter Carol Party Skit Tradition continues!

Labels: , , , , , ,

finished by Carter @ 12:02 AM  
0 Finished Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER