------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Sunday, December 02, 2007
ENTRY 8: End of Weekend/Anti-Climax
Well I'm definitely breathing a deep sigh tonight, and it's definitely not a sigh of relief. What feelings and emotions saturate this exhale of breath? Dejection? Defeat? Unfulfillment? ...Disappointment? Yes, definitely disappointment; most likely a mixture of all the above. Remember that euphoria I mentioned in the previous post? That welling-up of hope and positive apprehension that occured as "my" weekend approached. Well, "my" weekend has passed me by with little to no adventure. It goes without saying that I was more than a little downcast.

Friday was a complete bust; after worrying for an entire week about the dreaded youth group meeting at my church, the meeting was cancelled due to lack of attendance. I was never given the opportunity to express my philosophy (which, who knows, may have been a good thing), but for some reason I was actually kind of looking forward to it. I ended up staying at home watching Bionixs cartoons on YTV, which didn't end up being too bad I must say. However, all in all, I didn't end up having much of a life on my "Life Day". I didn't even end up going to my new hang-out Friday night hot-spot Smokey Joe's; I got two texts from Paula saying that I was gravely missed by all. Touching...!

My Saturday wasn't very eventful, either. I was planning to go to church for the Tutoring/Mentoring Program as I usually do on a Saturday morning. However, I decided against it, and instead stayed at home and helped my little brother with his studies. It's a good thing I did; my brother is stuggling with his homework, not because he doesn't understand the varying concepts, but because he refuses to put in the necessary efforts. His own passions at the moment lie in video games, basketball, football, and volleyball. I have a nagging feeling deep in my gut that he is consciously or unconsciously ascribing to a Black stereotype. This is something that I will continue to investigate and try my darndest to break. Not healthy. Not at all...

Labels: , , , , ,

finished by Carter @ 12:19 AM  
0 Finished Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER