------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
ENTRY 11: Rest in Peace
Hmm. Did I sound a little jaded at the end of my previous post? Maybe a little bit of sour grapes? Yeah, I guess -- because that's exactly how I feel. It just strikes me as odd that my parents would plan a Christmas vacation without informing me. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Am I hurt? Slightly. But I have to admit that I'm a little excited, too! I'll have the whole house to myself for the holidays. That can make things pretty interesting...my "Life Days" can now fully be life days since I won't have to worry about getting home for 2 a.m. (woo!) All the same, it's going to be weird spending Christmas without the fam (though I will be attending Christmas dinner with my Auntie N). We'll see how that goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get much sleep today; I was on duty at the funeral of Frank Daley at my church, the St. Andrew Anglican Church of Scarborough. There were over 300 people in attendance, and the sheer intensity of emotion that saturated the air had me incredibly humbled; I could feel that what I was sensing was only the tip of an unfathomably immense iceberg. I could hardly imagine that one man had had such a deep, positive impact on so many lives. Though I didn't know the man at all (I had only seen him around the church every now and then) I found that I was proud of him and all of his many accomplishments. I paid my own personal respects after the service, standing before his parish photo of him and his wife for a good minutewhile people bustled to and fro.

Labels: , , ,

finished by Carter @ 3:41 AM  
0 Finished Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER