------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Monday, February 25, 2008
ENTRY 43: The Week Ends
I just want to say right off the bat that I apologize if every one of my posts ends up being about Joan of Arc. It's just that right now she seems to be such an important part of my life, though I highly doubt that she knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if I was in love with her. I definitely know that I want to be in love with her.

Anyway, the week that was came to a satisfyingly relaxing conclusion yesterday, which was great. On Friday we had a youth group meeting, where the youth were able to vent over the recent trials and tribulations that we all have been caught up in within our church. Without getting into it, the fact is that there is a war going on within our parish. Surprising at it may sound, it is fact, and it scares me and depresses me that this shit can be going on in the house of God, you know? We should all be getting along, but instead such bitterness, animosity, and hatred can flow between different parties. Joan and I had already decided between the two of us that we wouldn't take sides and try to be mediators, but in doing so both sides think that we are against them. It's hard being in the middle.

It was primarily why I was so tired this week; I was exhausted with all the fighting. At the end of the youth group meeting, we were able to talk briefly about relationships (which is actually what we were supposed to talk about that evening lol), and Joan got really excited that her and I had so much in common when it came to what we wanted in , and what we brought to, a relationship. Pretty awesome, but again I had no idea how to take advantage of the situation. I know, I know....I seriously need help!

I needed to blow off some steam, so on Saturday I finally was able to reach what had become my regular weekend chill spot, Smokey Joe's. I hadn't got on a dance floor in months, and for a second I thought that I had lost my rhythm. Lucky for me, I hadn't and I danced the night away. A lot of my Smokey Joe friends were there, so it was a blast! I was able to sleep for most of the day Sunday for a change, and I was able to go to work refreshed! A big change from last week.

All in all, things are looking up I guess, so I hope they just continue to improve.

BLOG PLAYLIST
"Diary" - Alicia Keys feat. Tony Toni Tone
"Presidential MC" - Method Man feat. Raekwon & RZA
"Snow (Hey Oh)" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"If I Ever Fall in Love Again (a capella)" - Shai
"Find Out" - Classified

Labels: , , , ,

finished by Carter @ 8:00 AM  
2 Finished Comments:
  • At February 26, 2008 11:16 PM, Blogger King said…

    you label things a lot.

    For some reason, I had a deju vu of this post. It's like if I read it before. "Pretty awesome, but again I had no idea how to take advantage of the situation. I know, I know....I seriously need help!" I think I've heard that line before. For some reason I don't know why, it really sounds familiar.

    Anyways, I haven't seen you in a while. When are you free?

     
  • At February 27, 2008 8:04 AM, Blogger Carter said…

    Shut up, Kevin! No need to expose my cowardice any further! LOL

    Yeah man I'm usually free on the weekends. We gotta get another LAN party going!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER