------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Monday, January 28, 2008
ENTRY 34: Curve-balls!
It's funny. Before I'd be able to do pretty much a post a day; now I can barely manage one post a week. It's not like I have less to say. On the contrary, my life has been throwing me a lot of curve-balls lately, but dammit these are curve-balls I've been waiting for for quite some time now!

Things have really come along at work, and I've been able to settle down into a nice rhythm. On the other hand, I can't help but feel a bit put off by some dissention that is going on there. There is one guy that I hang out a lot with at work, and unfortunately for a lot of others, he is -- there are no two ways about it -- a bona fide, complete asshole. He is impossibly selfish, grossly opinionated, and offensively libertarian; he really doesn't give a shit who he puts off and when. He will say whatever he wants with complete disregard to who is around. At least twice a night I'll think "Did he really just say that? Am I-- Am I really supposed to respond to that?" So obviously, he isn't that well liked.

So why do I hang around with The Asshole? Well as far as geeks go, he and I are a pair of bananas in the same bunch. We're both HUGE comic book enthusiasts; we bring in our favourite titles and trade 'em up. He's introduced me to Robert Kirkman, who has since become my favourite comic book writer, and his titles (Invincible, Brit, and The Astonishing Wolf-Man) have become instant favourites, as well. On the other hand, I've introduced him to Bendis' Powers, which he enjoys. He has a great idea for a comic, and I'll be helping him out with the writing of it. He has introduced me to Lost, which has since usurped Heroes as my favourite currently running show.

All in all, excluding how we treat people, The Asshole & I have a lot in common. I can deal with him abhorrent behaviour, so I stick around. Plus, we're starting to play Dungeons & Dragons. How cool is that?

Okay don't answer that.

Curve-ball #2. As I mentioned in a previous post, Joan of Arc and I are both "junior" youth leaders in my church, and we work with the main youth leader, who is a SAINT. Anyway, over the weekend I confessed to St. Leader about my feelings for Joan, and to my surprise she was excited and happy! I just wanted to get it out of the way so that things wouldn't end up getting awkward and weird, but turns out St. Leader has been trying to play match-maker with me and Joan for quite a while now! On a long drive back from a workshop, she gave me some advice on what I should do and how I should proceed, and so yeah, I'm going to ask Joan out today. Nothing huge, just a movie thingy, but I'm positive that it'll be a good start.

Joan is just coming off stress leave from work, which really surprised me altogether: Joan stressed and out of sorts? Was that even possible?! I tried to be there for her without seeming too weird; she really appreciated it and it I think it brought us closer. During an outing with our young adult group at Church, she actually sought out body contact (leaning against me, hand on arm, etc.)! So yeah, I hope it'll all work out great.

Seriously, I've never felt this way, to the point where I'm actually consciously pursuing a love interest. It's all still so surreal. Me, fighting for love? Really?

Anyway, the curve-balls are coming fast, I just hope I'll be able to get at least some base hits...!

BLOG PLAYLIST
(a new feature, where I write down the songs I've listened to while typing out this post)
"I'm Sprung" - T-Pain
"Impossible" - Kanye West feat. Twista, Keisha Cole & BJ
"Terrorist" - RZA feat. Black Knights & Killarmy
"Rock Co.Kane Flow" - De La Soul feat. MF DOOM
"Strictly For The Heads" - Irs
"Burning Up (extended remix)" - Faith Evans feat. Missy Elliot & Freeway
"No Transitory" - Alexisonfire (Joan's favourite band!)
"Don't Leave Me Girl" - Blackstreet
"Throw Some D's (remix)" - Kanye West

Labels: , , , ,

finished by Carter @ 2:15 PM  
4 Finished Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER