------ "...it is finished..." -- John 19:30 ------

Thursday, January 03, 2008
ENTRY 27: Return to the Grind/Resolution
Well here I am, back at work for the first time in a couple of weeks. Haven't skipped a beat; tonight is way busier than usual, to the point where it's getting on my nerves. Luckily, I have a little bit of time to actually be writing this down. My bro got me a freakin' diary for Christmas -- why the fuck would he get me one of those when he knows I have this blog? Why, bro, why? LOL well despite the fact that it's a diary, it's an awesome present; the cover art is wicked...maybe I'll use it as a rhymbook when I actually get around to doing music again.

I'm not a New Year's Resolution kinda guy, not even close (Happy New Year everyone, by the way). I feel like if one has to make a change, why wait until New Year's to "make" it? Because more often than not, if you haven't changed yet, it's going to take more than a a new January to make that change occur.

Now if I was a Resolution kinda guy, I know exactly what I'd resolve to do: to get off my ass, for God's sake. My parents are back; I've met them for all of an hour and I've already let them down. One of the main things on my Daunting List was to get an application in for film school, and I haven't done that yet. I spent most of my vacation doing vacation stuff, and forgot to do the things that would really matter (the music & the movie stuff). My own feelings are kinda muddied, but for one, I can sense a lot of shame.

Who knows, maybe I just put it all out there and Resolve to be less of a procrastinator. Set dates -- and actually stick to 'em. Then maybe my life would start moving forward.

Labels: , , ,

finished by Carter @ 2:56 AM  
1 Finished Comments:
  • At January 08, 2008 5:41 PM, Blogger B said…

    parents are a pain in the ass like that.

    i have some just like that. so i know how that goes...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The famous words of Jesus Christ resonate with my person: words impressing me with total, victorious finality. Words that I hope to say down the road.
Blogs
About Me

Name: Carter
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Finished Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER